Old 05-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Edwin Spector

Default No fruit courgettes

No help, but mine are also fruitless. They are growing outside, next to
successful raspberries and rhubarb. The flowers appear, but fall off. I did spot
a couple of tiny courgettes (little-finger) but they fell off instead of
growing. I did have lots of pollen beetles in the plants. Dunno if they've
nicked all my pollen instead of passing it around. Same happened last year - I
harvested ONE courgette from all my plants.

I strongly suspect that there's something funny in my soil. The tomato plants
that grow so well on the sunny windowsill went into slow-motion when they got
transplanted outside. Same for the courgettes - after two months outside,
they're hardly bigger than houseplants.

I'm in the south-west, where the climate is mild. The bigger plants
(raspberries) are acting as windbreaks for the smaller ones. Everything looks
right (to me) but no courgettes.

Stumped

Edwin
Bath.