Old 17-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"shazzbat" wrote in message

I think beer traps should be the best bet for indoors. Jam jars with an
inch or so of beer in them, and flush the contents down the loo in the
morning.

I would concur. I have had slugs get into my kitchen now and then,
particuarly since my boyfriend's slug-eating dog was rehomed - she used to
scare them off or eat them I guess.

Beer traps seem to work now (I couldn't use them when she was still here cos
I'd have a drunk dog in the morning ;-) )

Also helpful was to go to my kitchen wall which was an outside wall (if that
makes sense) and look in all the cupboards and behind all the appliances and
either pug or seal all the little holes around pipes and outlets up. I
sealed most of them with a flexible sealant to allow for cold weather
contraction and so on but to keep the slugs out. It's cut down on their
appearance anyway. Where you think they night get in will be the factor in
deciding if this will work for you - I knew they weren't coming up from
under the floor as it's a stone floor and they'd have to be pretty
determined to conquer that !

Rachael