Old 23-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Lynda Thornton

In article , Sacha
writes
On 22/8/04 10:12, in article , "Lynda
Thornton" wrote:

snip

It's fairly exposed being on a higher area but there are higher trees
and hedges nearby so there is some shelter from the worse winds etc, and
it is south-ish facing so gets plenty of sun. Something fairly fast
growing would be best but with a max height of around 30ft as much
higher would just be too big really and there is the issue of invasive
roots as well. I don't mind the colour really but need something not
too wide-spreading as it might block our access up some steps into the
raised area.

Can anyone suggest good trees for this kind of situation?

Have a look at this:
www.eucalyptus.co.uk
They're grown in quite tough conditions and there are many different types.

Hi Sacha

Many thanks for that suggestion - I hadn't even though of eucalyptus!
I've sent off for their catalogue and as the place itself isn't a
million miles away we might even visit them!

Have you had any more bright ideas?!

Lynda