Old 27-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Fisherman

You're sure? I was advised by the seed store not to.
Appreciate your response but want to be sure you are sure.

40'x40'

Thanks

"Steveo" wrote in message
" Fisherman" wrote:
I've been pulling weeds from a lawn and now the lawn is 30% soil and 70%
grass

I plan to seed it. Maybe broadcasting over soil and grass or maybe

trying
to hit only the soil spots.

My question is: Should I sow grass seed and fertilizer at the same time?

If I fertilize and immediately add the grass seed will the fertilizer
hurt the seed?

Thanks

Nope, you can sow one right after the other. It's worth using the
right food for seeding though. 12-12-12, or 10-18-10 or many other
starter fertilizer blends work better than a high nitrogen summer
lawn food.

How big is the turf area in sq ft? (I'll tell you how much food and seed)

--
Kerry toons http://tinyurl.com/5l6qu