Old 05-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Claire Petersky

How long can you leave them in the ground?

I live in the Pacific NW. I just pulled some up today, and I'll dig up more
when I put the garden to bed in October. But I do my best to keep them in
the ground through the winter, and dig them as I need them. They keep better
in the ground then they do in the fridge. When spring comes, I do my very
best to get them all when I spade up the garden for spring planting. No
matter how hard I try, I always miss a few, which is why I never need to
actually plant potatoes any more.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky