Old 19-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Chakoteya Chakoteya is offline
Registered User

Location: Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Durkin
Can I collect the pods from my Fuschias and grow them from seed next spring?
They laster outside last winter but I think I was lucky!
If not, can I take cuttings, and what is the best way to do this? I'd like
more than last year as I'm going to put some in my hanging baskets...
Thanks,
Matthew
Cuttings is the most reliable (and easy) way to get more plants. Take them now and watch them sprout.

If your fuschias are medium to small flowered, they'll be good and hardy and easily survive outside - provided the roots don't freeze, same as most plants. The bigger and showier the flowers the less hardy, rough rule of thumb.