Old 23-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Michelle Fulton

"Rusty Mase" wrote in message
You might find the adult beetles at night after they emerge using a
flashlight. I think the larvae pretty well restrict themselves to
staying inside the wood. The soft grinding noise you can hear is the
larvae gnawing up the wood. The "sawdust" is actually their
excrement.

Okie, dokie. Thanks to everyone for the info/ideas. I'll do some more
checking tonight or tomorrow. If it is borers, shouldn't I be worried about
them infesting my trees??? Is there a way to kill them?

Thanks!

--
Michelle
Fort Worth, Texas, USA