Old 23-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Laura

Default Tree roots growing back - how to stop?

Hi,

I had a huge elm(?) tree in my backyard that was removed over a year
ago. Even after having someone do some grinding 18" down around the
main part of the stump, there are still a few places where the roots
are re-sprouting the tree.

The roots are several inches in diameter, and some are sticking up
from the ground. We keep cutting them off with an ax, but they keep
sprouting leaves!

I tried the stump remover where you drill a hole in the root and fill
it with the granules and hot water. That hasn't seem to work for all
of them.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,