Old 24-09-2004, 06:16 AM

On 23 Sep 2004 11:20:36 -0700, (Laura) wrote:

Hi,

I had a huge elm(?) tree in my backyard that was removed over a year
ago. Even after having someone do some grinding 18" down

underground?

around the
main part

there are other parts?

of the stump, there are still a few places where the roots
are re-sprouting the tree.

The roots are several

like 3, or 8, or?

inches in diameter, and some are sticking up
from the ground.

huh? after stump ground 18" down?

We keep cutting them off with an ax, but they keep
sprouting leaves!

I tried the stump remover where you drill a hole in the root and fill
it with the granules and hot water. That hasn't seem to work for all
of them.

How can it work selectively, tho I can't tell the product as
described. Try 4 copper nails into the root.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Geographically where are you?

You sure it was an Elm? Not many left for years.

Why was the tree removed?

Not to be pushy...I do want to help.

-brad