Old 25-09-2004, 04:59 AM
Lee

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

I think that you must be talking about a white poplar, cottonwood or an
ailanthus (tree-of-heaven). Those are the only tree which can get pretty
huge that sprout so vigorously from the roots.

nu-ugh... I have a huge stump of Mimosa with huge roots was cut down
abt Dec 2001 and it is still sending up sprouts big time. I mea like
dozens of themwhich grow to 3 feet in a wink and we keep cutting them
back and putting roundup and drilling holes in stump ..cut as tearing
up a fence and highlines.. and in order to keep neighbor happy ..
still trying to get it to stop growingG

It will give up eventually if you are really persistant. You could try
carefully hand-applying Roundup (or its equivalent) to the sprouts as
they come up.

think the ghost of that tree wil see me to my graveG