Old 13-10-2004, 01:22 PM
DS

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:02:49 +0100, "DS" wrote:

Apologies if the answer to this is simple, but I am new to gardening and
would like to overwinter some non-hardy fuschias. Am I correct in

thinking
that I can cut back the root system by half, prune the growth down by

about
3/4, transplant to pots and keep moist in the garage over the winter?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Debbie

That's what I do, but keep them fairly dry. They will not grow much
for several months and if you keep them too moist the roots will rot.
Watch out for vine weevil, if you have had any problems with them in
the past. The grubs have ruined some of mine in the past.

Pam in Bristol

Many thanks for your help, Pam.
Debbie