Old 27-10-2004, 02:11 AM
jOhN

Doug Lassiter wrote:
I need a new gas string trimmer for home landscaping. The Ryobi 31cc I
got about four years ago is a piece of junk. Would never go that route
again. Hard to start, poor string feed, etc. (And I get along well
with other 1-cycle engines ...) Looking for something reasonably
inexpensive, but durable, functional, reliable etc. Something good out
there?

I have a Ryobi 775r that has worked well for 3 years. I had a Ryan/IDC
model before that (10 years of trimming fury). The 775r is a straight
shaft and the shaft rotates 360 degrees with detents every 90 degrees. I
think it was well rated in Consumer Reports. Unfortunately, these days
one manufacturer can turn out a diverse range of quality on its products
so i have turned model specific in hunting down stuff to buy.

Check out epinions.com to see if there are any winners.