Old 27-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Rusty Mase

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:33:04 GMT, "RM"
wrote:
(snipped)
I purchased the echo 2100 trimmer 3 years ago and it still starts
on first pull.

I bought an Echo SRM200DA in 1978 and it has only been to a shop once
to upgrade some of the electronics. Although I paid dearly for it -
maybe $275 at that time - it is likely the best lawn tool investment I
ever made.

If you are interested in patents, the string trimmer is a very
interesting topic with a few urban legends floating around. The
string trimmer began evolving from steel bladed edgers about 75 years
ago. But it took development of small two-cycle engines to power them
and polymer plastics for the strings to really make this a usable yard
tool.

I have often wondered if Echo did not itself evolve out of a company
that made two-cycle motors for model airplanes.

Rusty Mase