Old 07-02-2005, 01:19 PM
John White

Default How can I kill a Liquid Amber?

Hi group. I'm hoping somene out there can help with an answer.

About three and a half years ago we had two Liquid Amber trees removed from
the front of out house (after getting c ouncil approval of course).

They were planted far too close to the front of our house and the roots were
beginning to cause damage, block sewers etc.

Since then I have been fighting a seemingly never-ending battle with new
plants growing from the roots. Because of where the trees were located it
was not possible to get the stumps ground when the trees were removed.

The aborist that removed the trees, said that if I kept on poisoning the
shoots as they sprung up the tree would eventually die, but 42 months down
the track, the things still show no sign of dying anytime soon.

Can anyone help?

John W