Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
wendy7

Hi there Nina,
The url below is a good start. (shows pics etc.)
http://www.midpacificorchids.citymax...age/235341.htm

You need to repot your plants. Get yourself some orchid bark mix &
soak & drain it.
Cut the soft brown roots off, rinse the remaining roots. I use Physan to
wash everything, including tools.
Use a smaller pot, also stake the plant, they like to feel secure.
Let it sit for a week or two then water. Take your plant to the sink
& flush the water through & let it drain. You can fertilize at 1/4
strength each time.
Overwatering, also plants in a damp area with no fresh air is what
causes the roots to rot, in my opinion. Use a small fan.
Ask questions here there's always good advice.
Also if you search on Google - AOS phalaenopsis
there is lots to read.
Good luck, I hope you can save your plants.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

NinaW wrote:
O.K..... the roots were rotting. There are few healthy roots left,
just the ones that were growing in the air anyways. Now what?
Nina