Old 18-03-2005, 12:31 AM
RDD

In message , Rod
writes
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:29:18 GMT, "Lee BARRASS"
wrote:

I need to returf my lawn. It's around 6m x 6m .

I have had two quotes so for

Quote 1 - to cut off the top layer and replace with new turf - £300

Quote 2 - - to rotovate, add a tonne of top soil and lay new turf - £180.

Now to me, the second one seems much better! Any thoughts please?

1 tonne on 6m x 6m = 10-15mm deep. Not a lot is it?
Is there a drainage problem - if so rotavating alone won't fix it.
It's a tiny area so I'd dig as deep as needed to get the drainage
right. Do more work if needed on drainage.
Look at the soil after that and decide if you need to do anything with
it like adding grit/sand or more topsoil. Buy some good quality grass
seed. Spend what you've saved on some nice plants.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

Having done all that preparation, why not finish it off with a new
design. Look at www.mohon.org
RDD