Old 24-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Robert

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
It seems the poster who reported that Seachem Excel works as an
algaecide on top of being a source of organic carbon was right!
I had a lot of hair algae in my 110g heavily planted tank. So much that
the outflow of my eheim filter had to be scrubbed and cleaned at least
once every two weeks. Algae grew very fast and was very happy.
I started dosing Excel daily for a week or so, then forgot about it.
Four weeks later (or so), almost all the algae is gone. I'll be sure to
order another large bottle of Excel to continue dosing as a preventative.
It works!

I agree with Victor. Look for the forum threads at Aquatic Plant Central.
There are numerous others who've had similar experiences in wiping out
algae. In my case, it was BBA--gone in a week. The thread started when one
guy reported overdosing by accident and saw his algae croak. Others
followed suit in varying doses and reported similar results. There is also
discussion of the active ingredient in Excel, etc. You'll find some useful
INFORMATION in the threads, rather than baseless, opinionated nonsense as
some are spouting in this thread.