Old 08-04-2005, 05:51 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Great to be able to see!

I wonder if the key was getting rid of the muck so the algae had less to
feed on?

Jim

Probably didn't hurt that he went on holiday for a week and quick fiddling
with everything. ;o)

I set this up and went off on holiday for a week and when I got back the
pond was totally and completely clear. Like I could now see every detail
4' down on the bottom, and every single fish. Even the dark ones!!

So having struggled with green water for 2 years, my own 'patent' remedy
for this was:
Use a pond air pump and air stones
Collect water from the very lowest point of the pond
Skim water from the surface of the pond
Graham

That's the combo we usually recommend. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a