Old 16-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Travis

Where are you guys located at and do you have any idea what sort of
bamboo it is? If its the RIGHT kind, you might be able to find

I am in NY. (Queens) as for what kind....how do I tell?
Its just regular bambo, green, round, grows all over the yard.

Years ago when I was digging up the roots, the roots reminded me of
the little aliens from Aliens.

A long root, with all these little roots coming from the side.

stuff, but, if you're not opposed to a slight use of herbicides,
you could cut any new shoots very short with a pruner, and then
apply full-strength 'round-up' on the fresh cut. It's a systemic
poison, so the bamboo should begin to die off underground.

Yeah, but Im concerned this will kill the grass, and my neighbors
flowers.

Just put the Round-Up on the cut end of the culm. It will not kill
anything else.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington