Old 04-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Brian Mitchell

The message 1115143200.2582d24c9ecd3a3b92ffd658f97d47b4@1usen et
from "Sumgod" contains these words:

. . . I think it will have to be the real McCoy, i.e. an old Allen.
I've been keeping an eye out on e-bay but the folks getting rid seem to be
mainly in the south of the UK. Bet an Allen won't fit in VW Passat estate!
Any ideas on where else I might look?

There's a monthly magazine to be found on the top shelf of your rural
Spar called Tractor & Farm Machinery and a couple of others of that
kind. Allen scythes appear in the classified ads occasionally.

But why are you thinking about cutting an acre of grass? Is that the
best use of a resource? I'm in SW Wales and there are many small sheep
breeders looking for odd plots of pasture land to keep sheep on.
(There's a constant flux of sheep in trailers going from plot to plot).
Also horse and pony owners looking for grazing, and perhaps vendors of
small-bale hay who might mow your acre if it has easy access. Maybe you
just need to put word out in your local pub.

Brian Mitchell