Old 11-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Vox Humana

"Art Lindquist" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a 20yr old Bloodgood, Japanese Maple that has begun losing
all of it's leaves. We had a late frost here, early May and I'm wondering
if that may be the problem. We are also having drought conditions for

this
early in the year. I gave the tree a good soaking as soon as I saw it's
condition but I fear it may not survive. If it is from the frost, will

the
leaves return? Does anyone have any ideas?

Sound like the same conditions we have been experiencing in SW Ohio. My
Bloodgood JM is doing well despite the erratic temps and dry conditions. It
is so dry here that my sedum autumn joy (yes, I know it isn't sedum) wilted
yesterday.

If it is from frost, I think the leaves will return. Any signs of
anthracnose? I doubt that would cause a sudden drop of leaves, but the
stress of what ever caused the problem may set the stage for anthracnose.