Old 11-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Mike Lyle

Andy Pandy wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:59:46 GMT, "Jon the fool"

wrote:

Hi all,

I hope someone on here can help, I have a Stihl FS400 petrol
strimmer and it will not start, it was working ok last year, went

start it today and wont work.

[...]
I don't know how long you've been trying it but one good piece of
advice I had with a petrol mower was to run it out of petrol each

time
rather than using the switch to cut the spark, as it can become

stale
if left in the carberettor too long.

Since doing that it has *never* failed to start by the second pull.

Didn't somebody here point out a while ago that petrol with additives
only stays in good condition for six weeks or less? So we must always
drain machines down for the winter, and start with a fresh can in the
spring. (No, on reflection, I heard it on TV.)

--
Mike.