Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 PM
PatK

Ol' Duffer wrote:
It's a variety thing. Some have bigger blooms, some have
sturdier stems. It's pretty much your choice - stake 'em,
let 'em lie, plant a sturdier variety...

In article ,
says...

Is it normal for iris to fall over? I mean the flowers, of course. They
were fine until the flowers came out and then boom, down they went.
Should I tie them up somehow? The flowers are HUGE.

Well, these were some bulbs from my grandmother's house and I didn't
want to plant another variety, I just had these because they reminded me
of her. I don't remember hers falling over. Could it be because I have
them planted under the eave of my house and they're trying to get more sun?

Pat