Old 12-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Sla#s

wrote in message ...
Sla#s wrote:

SNIP
WD40 is horrible stuff to do this sort of thing with, it leaves a
sticky deposit which all sorts of dirt etc. sticks to. It's not a
lubricant, it's a water dispeller. Used on ignition systems in my
experience it works to get a wet engine started but if used too often
so much filth ends up stuck to the ignition leads that they need
replacing after a while.

I'd go for plain engine oil or similar if you really want to put
something "in the carb", but I don't think it's necessary.

I know what you mean, there are proper engine preservation fluids but WD40
is what most folk have in the shed. And if they put the filter back on they
won't have a problem.

Slatts