Old 13-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Suzy O

The problem with urine on the lawn is that it contains urea, which has the
same effect as dousing the lawn with too much nitrogen. You can, if you
don't mind the effort, apply water right after the deed to dilute it, but
you may wind up with green, lush patches of grass that stand out from the
rest of the lawn.

In the long run, the easiest solution is to establish an out-of-the-way area
for a doggie bathroom. This will take some work to get the dog trained to
using that area exclusively, e.g., a week or two being taken out on a leash
and directed to the area and rewarded hansomely immediately afterwards.

Here's more details from the University of Minnesota Extension Service:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardand...N-Nov0199.html

Good luck!
Suzy O, Zone 5 Wis.

"Frank Solis" wrote in message
Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally,
it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles. I've
been sprinkling lime on the spots hoping to counter the acid of the
urine. What advice do you experienced grass growers have for me?
Please don't say get rid of the dog. I've already thought of that.

Frank