Old 15-06-2005, 06:57 AM
*muffin*

Default koi ulcer question

due to 'stupidity' on my part, I have 2 8" koi that have an ulcer on their
side, due to injury ( believe me , I could NOT believe what I almost did to
my fish...... don't ask).

anyway, I have been treating the pond with melafix,, have lymnozyme in it, &
adding koi clay. its been a week, & the ulcers do not look much better. I do
NOT feel like putting in another $40. worth of meds after this round is
complete in a few days.(for koi that are worth $20. a piece.. they used up
their cost replacement already)

is there any chance they will eventually heal on their own??

don't suggest a smaller quarantine tank, as that was part of my original
problem.......