Old 15-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Reel McKoi

"*muffin*" wrote in message
due to 'stupidity' on my part, I have 2 8" koi that have an ulcer on

their
side, due to injury ( believe me , I could NOT believe what I almost did

my fish...... don't ask).

anyway, I have been treating the pond with melafix,, have lymnozyme in it,

&
adding koi clay. its been a week, & the ulcers do not look much better. I

do
NOT feel like putting in another $40. worth of meds after this round is
complete in a few days.(for koi that are worth $20. a piece.. they used up
their cost replacement already)

is there any chance they will eventually heal on their own??

don't suggest a smaller quarantine tank, as that was part of my original
problem.......

Once I started using Lymnozyme not one koi ever developed an ulcer, even
after spawning when some injured themselves. One had a nasty injury on his
back this year and it healed in a week. If you can catch them you can
treat the injuries themselves with Methiolate or whatever is recommended
these days.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.