Old 16-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Greg Cooper

You want to keep up the lymozyme on an ongoing basis - as I understand
it it "crowds out" the bad Aeromonas bacteria that would otherwise
infect your fish at any wound site.

I would suggest the addition of salt.
Referring to Erik Johnson DVM "Koi Health and Disease" for ulcers he
recommends 0.33% salt (2.5 lb/100 Gal) dividing the dose in to 3 parts
and adding over three days to avoid stressing the fish and filter. The
salt deters parasites and reduces stress on the fish by reducing the
osmotic pressure on them (their organs have to work to excrete water
from their tissues to maintain the right salt level in their bodies -
salt in the water = less work to maintain them selves).

If possible raise water temperature to 74-76 degrees Helps if you have
a "hospital tank".

Good luck bringing your fish back to health.
I hate to loose a fish no mater how much/little I have paid for them - I
just feel responsible.

Cheers.

*muffin* wrote:

I guess I'll just make sure the lymnozyme is kept up.. I also didn't have
any problems in the past when using the stuff,, but never had to deal with
injuries like this.

so , you are saying they did get better with just the lymnozyme use?

my injuries are a "bunch" of scales & 'meat' scraped off about the size
between a nickle & quarter.