Old 26-06-2005, 01:46 PM

Here's mine: http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~ccunning/garden2.jpg

The pond area is only 3' x 3' x 2' but you can expand it. It's built
with a 2x4 frame (pressure treated of course) and then sided with 1x6
appearance grade pressure treated wood. Trim is 1x4 appearance grade.
The pond area has a 45 mil pond liner stapled around the top. I'll warn
you though, this doesn't work all that well... A flat piece of pond
liner doesn't like making a cube shape (especially in ours, which has a
shelf as well) and we have a lot of bunched up liner at the top. If I
had it to do again, I would build a shelf all the way around the top so
we could add rocks to hide the bunching, or I'd just do it out of
fiberglass. As it is I plan to try and find some plastic baskets I can
hang off the sides and put plants in it to hide it. Still looks good
though, but I'm a perfectionist.

I just built a pretty standard deck box design. The frame is just a
cube 2x4 frame, screwed together with 3" deck screws.The vertical
corner pieces are notched out so the horizontal members sit on little
support ledge so it's nice and sturdy. Crossbracing every few feet. I
screwed on the siding and then put the 1x4 trim over the screws to hide
them, attatching it with 8 penny galvanized finish nails slightly
counter sunk.

Pretty simple