Old 02-07-2005, 08:24 AM

I'm in San Francisco, CA: Zone 9 I think. Doesn't freeze here but once
every 10 years, for a night or 2.
Thanks for the great suggestions for building, but I found out that my
deck won't be able to hold the quantity and depth of water I was aiming
for. It's standard construction that will hold ~60lbs/square foot.
The pond, by my calculations, would be approximately 156lbs/sq foot (a
tank 6' long x 3' wide x 2.5' deep, which would hold 337 gallons. That
comes out to 2800 lbs total, over 18 sq ft., or 156 lbs/ sq ft.)
So, I could do a pond about 8" deep. Sounds more like a racoon feeder
than a pond....