Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
No, they're not related to Cannabis. Cannabis doesn't have THORNS! Cleome
do. Cleome SPINOSA, told the local cops who came up our driveway one night
after a speeder who wound up in our driveway (dead end road) when he was
eyeballing the four foot plants to go ahead and grab one and yank it up. As
he wrapped his beefy hands around the central stalk, he let go of it and
hollered good. Those little spines bite pretty well.....he then remarked
that "marijuana ain't got spines!" I just smiled and said, yer right
officer, those are my flowers............they just LOOK like pot!

LOL. I noticed the thorns as well. Since these plants have gotten so
big I can't water and weed certain areas without rubbing against them and
they scratched my arm. I like a plant that has attitude!