Old 18-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Bob_M

On Mon, 16 May 2005 21:07:06 -0500, "Dan J.S." wrote:

Is that the best stuff for lawn care? Is there anything better? I am trying
to fight some weed, using TrueGreen, but it seems with each application that
TrueGreen does, it gets worse. Any suggestions? Thanks!

FWIW - last year I switched to a Scotts treatment plan as my lawn was
getting pretty scrubby and lots of crab grass (broadleaf). At the end
of last year I hated the results as they really didn't look much
better than what I was trying to correct. I talked to the Scotts mgr
and he stated that based on the orginal condition I should really wait
until after the winter (New England) and then let them know if I wish
to resume in the spring. Ha! I said. This can't get much worse so
it certainly won't get any better.

Well, as you might have guessed, the winter hybernation must have done
something to the grass as this spring I had NO broadleaf and my grass
looks nice and even with a dark green lush color like in their ads.

So they have been continuing treatment this year and most likely next.

Just my $.02 worth.

Bob