Old 22-07-2005, 11:19 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Ottawa" wrote:

I am new to gardening and plannted tomatoes, zuchinnies, peppers and
eggplants this year. After the season is done for this year, do any of
these grow back the following year or do I have to replant them?
Thanks

I have had tomatoes come back each year, and in fact, have some new
"volunteers" coming up in a potted tomato right now. ;-)

But only because I dropped a couple of over-ripe fruits into the bottom
of the pot so they are coming up from the seeds that were in the fruits.

Tomatoes are annuals. They need to be replanted each year.

Peppers, however, depending on the variety and the severity of the
winter, CAN come back! I have a Chile petin right now out in the main
garden bed that is over 4 years old and it's huge. The plant looks dead
in the winter, but I leave it there and it re-sprouts lots of leaves and
my cackatoo deeply appreciates the hundreds of pea-sized fruit it
produces every year.

Summer squash, no. Needs to be replanted every year. I've had eggplants
last 2 years, but that's it so I'm not really sure about them.
--
Om.