Old 23-07-2005, 05:14 PM
DigitalVinyl

"Ottawa" wrote:

I am new to gardening and plannted tomatoes, zuchinnies, peppers and
eggplants this year. After the season is done for this year, do any of
these grow back the following year or do I have to replant them?
Thanks

They aren't pernenials, but if you let enough fruit rot on the ground
they will re-seed.

I grew sweet 100's last year which produce a larger amount of wasted
fruit the mound under the plant (and attract mouds of ants). I have a
2 foot trough of volunteers that came back this year, plus a few
peeking out from uder broccoli and flower beds. None of my other
tomatoes re-seed, but I don't let the fruits fall to the ground and
let the seeds rot back into the ground.

Last year's hot chile pepper plant has a bunch of moldy peppers which
got composted. I have dozens of voluneteers from that plant.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph