Old 22-11-2002, 08:48 PM

Default Wasps nest in the attic

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:52:01 -0000, "BAC"
wrote:
I live in a bungalo (50 years old) with a couple of dormer bedrooms
(10 years old) that were added by the previous owner.
From the outside i can see the wasps going in under the slates on the
verticle wall on the sides of the dormer windows.

Inside the house if i put my ear to the wall I can hear a loud buzzing
noise all along the inside if the wall.

Inside the roof void I need to lay some electrical cable ready for
when the electrician is coming over next week to fit some lights.

Over the past few weeks the wasps inside the house have been getting
bigger & bigger but for the past couple of days I've not seen any
inside the house.

wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

I've had a wasps nest in a very tight space within my attic roof void.
I'm wondering when the wasps will leave it and fly off.

I need to get up there and do some maintainance before the winter but
dont want to be attacked. I cant get to the nest to spray it either.

Can anyone help?

Your local pest control contractors can help, at a price, if the nest
remains active. It should be deserted by now (late November), since the
queen should die in autumn, rapidly followed by the workers, and next year's
queens should have found suitable hibernation sites. If you have not noticed
any wasp activity recently, it's probably OK. However, as the only way to
tell for sure is to get up there and investigate, which is what you are wary
of, you may be advised to phone a local contractor and ask for advice/help.