Old 04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Derek Broughton

Gareee© wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Gareee© wrote:

Ok, it's been 2 and a half weeks.. how fast do goldfish grow?

Not _that_ fast.

We spotted 4 today, about 3-4 inches, one was yellow/gold with a large

I'd think they're a couple of months old.

Hmmm I wonder if all the babies we saw last month were eaten then? We
never saw these babies at all though.. very weird.

The fact that you don't see any little ones now, is a good argument for why
you didn't see _these_ ones when they were only an inch long. I've managed
to lose 8-12" koi in my 5000gallon pond. Losing the little ones is
easy! :-)

Where there's 9, there's 50...

Yeppers.. next time I see babies, I think we'll net them and relocate them
into the aquarium in the house.

I think you worry too much :-) If you start tank-rearing them, you'll soon
wish you had fewer.
--
derek