Old 04-12-2002, 08:50 PM
cormaic

Default To late to sow grass seed?

'Twas 4 Dec 2002 04:42:18 -0800, when (Martin
Freeman) enriched all our lives with these worthy thoughts:

Could one of you knowledgeable people tell me if it would be possible
to sow grass seed in December and have any hope of success?

Too cold, too wet - leave it until March.

We have had builders working at our property and as a result of a
garage being built they have distributed soil all over to level out
the garden area.

Our garden now looks like a lunar landscape and my wife is in tears,
if I was to buy some grass seed and spread it over the soil would it
take.

Any advice gratefully accepted, I'm totally ignorant of anything that
grows in the garden.

For an instant cure, lay turf, rather than seed.

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring -
www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk