Old 16-08-2005, 03:32 AM
SVTKate

I used to have friends with two large dogs.
She mixed a little tomato juice in the dog's food. He lawn was beautiful,
not a sopt on it and the dogs seemed to gobble it down.

"bleu_jay_lady" wrote in message
:
: Not sure how well this works, but a couple of people have told me to put
: a tablespoon of vineagar into a gallon of water. Use this mixture for
: the dogs drinking water. If she balks at the taste, you may want to
: start out with a teaspoon per gallon first, then build up to a Tbsp to
: acclimate the dog to the taste. We have two dogs, a shepard mix and
: a pomeranian/dachshund (sounds weird, but is gorgeous!) and don't seem
: to have "brown spot" problems for some strange reason, even though we
: don't use the vineagar. They are confined to the back yard, unless we
: have them on a leash, so they don't leave "problems" for others.
:
: The lady that lives next to a Pit bull needs to call animal control -
: Pits are ILLEGAL in many areas, especially uncontrolled ones as this one
: obviously was. Good luck!!
:
:
: Frank Solis Wrote:
: Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally,
: it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles. I've
: been sprinkling lime on the spots hoping to counter the acid of the
: urine. What advice do you experienced grass growers have for me?
: Please don't say get rid of the dog. I've already thought of that.
:
: Frank
:
: