Old 08-12-2002, 12:38 PM
Carol Russell

Default Killing snail eggs ?

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Carol Russell" wrote in
message ...

"JennyC" wrote in message
I was repotting some things recently and found loads of snail eggs
around the edge of the pots, just beneath the surface of the soil.

Seeing that I have so many pots I was wondering whether there are

any
nasty chemicals on the market that I could use to water the pots

with
to kill the buggers before they hatch out next year ??

Any ideas / names of products ??

Jenny

Hello Jenny
Are you sure they are snail eggs (usually a white mass) or are they

slow
release fertiliser pellets (often brown, usually single but

sometimes a
block of pellets.
Art

100% positive. Translucent white globby eggs :~((((((((((((
I don't use those pellet thingies !

Jenny

Hello Jenny

"Fertosan" snail repellent/killer, wildlife pet and child sake is what I
have. There a bit about if you look for it in "Google" web and "Goole"
groups.

Next year you could use the natural predator nematodes.

Arthur