Old 08-12-2002, 03:51 PM
Jon Green

Default Killing snail eggs ?

"JennyC" wrote:

I was repotting some things recently and found loads of snail eggs
around the edge of the pots, just beneath the surface of the soil.

Seeing that I have so many pots I was wondering whether there are any
nasty chemicals on the market that I could use to water the pots with
to kill the buggers before they hatch out next year ??

(This is all assuming that you're talking about the pots you're
removing, as opposed to the ones still holding the plants!)

Yep. Water.

If you or a friend has a wallpaper stripper with a pressure steam nozzle
(as opposed to the steam plates used to strip wallpaper), you can be
pretty sure to nobble snail eggs and the like by cooking them in steam.

As an added bonus, you also clean the pot, and sterilize it of many
other potential infective nasties, such as fungal spores and cankers.
Oh, and there's no nasty chemical residue to get into next year's veg.

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! Replace 'deadspam' with 'green-lines' to reply in email.
Want a free solution to email spam? Try http://www.deadspam.com/