Old 23-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Oscar_Lives

"Anthony" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote
I planted a weeping Cherry tree early this spring. It has done well in

the
flowerbed, despite the drought and heat (I water it good). Anyway, a
week
ago, some of the leaves started to turn brown, and now they all all
brown.

Any ideas?

Weeping Cherries, can be a sensitive to start. I had one I planted
earlier
this year, and decided to move it. Had the same symptoms as you describe,
mine came through. Don't give up on it yet.

Depth is important, if you planted it too deep, this could be part of the
problem. Also, the hole you dug needs to be quite a bit bigger than the
container it came out of. They're kind of sensitive to, too much water, 5
gallons a day is enough.

Check to see if you have any new buds, you'll have to look close, and they
do bud out this time of year. If you have _any_, your tree probably is
going to be ok.

I would try a small about of fertilizer, preferably something you add to
water, so you don't do any further harm.

In the future, whenever you plant, consider _Mycorrhizal_ while planting.
This is the real deal, no snake oil.

I hit it with the root stimulator when I planted it last Spring.

We did get 5 inches of rain after a long drought. The flower bed is
well-drained, though.

I'll keep an eye on it and not yank it out yet.