Old 09-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Paul Mc Cann

Default To late to sow grass seed?

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:25:50 +0000, hugh ] wrote:

In article , tony
writes
Could one of you knowledgeable people tell me if it would be possible
to sow grass seed in December and have any hope of success?

Snip Basically, no. Too cold by far for seed to germinate. Leave it
til Spring. Pre-germinate the seed and it will grow much more quickly.

I beg to differ. I would be prepared to sow grass seed at any time as
long as there was no danger oif it beingb washed away, as happened me
once.

There is certainly growth still as evidenced by the untidy height of
our grass and the weed still pushing up.

Sow it and be d****d :-)

Paul Mc Cann