Old 28-12-2002, 05:35 PM
ned

Default Killing Brambles

Barbara B wrote:
We have a heavy infestation of brambles in woodland and have tried
various methods but the current favourite is chopping them up with
a brash cutter. When they start to grow again in Spring we want to
spot spray them with weed killer(absolute minimum) so which is best?
Any other suggestions for control/eradication gratefully received.

'Know the problem. :-(
Yes I think your technique is right. I know several people who have
tried various proprietory weed killers and the concensus has been that
Roundup is as good as any.
I know its labour intemnsive but grubbing the roots out is very
effective. In woodland, bramble tends to root relatively shallow. It
can almost be rewarding to haul yards of root out of leaf mould - if
you are up to that sort of thing. ;-))

--
ned