Old 12-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Draven wrote:
I'm in the West (Bristol) and would like to expand the question.
How much would a LARGE company expect to pay a gardening contractor to
maintain the company site?

Assuming the large company expects the gardener to carry professional
indemnity insurance, and to be able to maintain a service in the envet
of injury or illness, I'd say much the same as any other tradesman: 25
to 35 quid an hour.

For a more flexible approach, with no fixed dates of attendance and no
defined performance standards, perhaps it would be possible to get it
done for under 20.

But a large site will generate a lot of disposal problems which may
have to be negotiated separately.