Old 28-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Catty One

Thanks. I know they wouldn't make it outside ... so I guess I'll dig 'em up
before the first frost, plant them in some good soil and put 'em in the
dark. Either way they have to be dug up so I might as well do it now before
spring comes so I can just put something else in there.

"Dana Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
I have never tried to leave them outside. I have tried overwintering them
but they always get powdery mildew and I lose more than half. I have never
had success with them from seeds so I just gave up and buy new ones in the
spring.
I am 5b

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
"Catty One" wrote in message
Hello All,

Zone 5 north of Boston here.... I have 8 Gerbera Daisies that I'm going
have to dig up and do something with for the winter. I don't think I

could
cover them w/enough mulch to survive a New England Winter. Should I dig

'em
and pot 'em and store them in my garage? It doesn't get below freezing
in
there, it's where I keep my Japanese Maple every year for its dormancy
period ... would the Gerberas like the same atmosphere?

Should I just make them houseplants for the winter, or would they prefer
some sleepy time?

Thanks