Old 15-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Moving Day Lilies

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:36:31 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

...I'd like some daylilies in
shades of very dark red (a sort of blackish red) and dark purple, as
long flowering as possible. As I live by the sea I need varieties with
strong flower stems.

Beware daylily cultivars & forms that don't drop the faded
flowers readily. I have a lovely maroon daylily that retains the
spent flowers and looks a mess as a result. Too bad: I once saw
such a daylily adjacent to a deep blue agapanthus in a garden
center (a chance juxtaposition of pots) and thought the
combination would be worth imitating in the garden.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada