Old 07-01-2006, 07:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Default How to burn leaves?

HERE HERE!!! You read my thoughts EXACTLY Janet!!!! Don't compost or burn
them, spread them over your perennials and garden beds! They'll love you
this winter for it and reward you in the spring and summer!
madgardener
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message . com
from "Wibble" contains these words:

Does anyone know any clever ways of burning leaves? Simple design for
an effective incinerator or something? My leaves are a little damp and
need some help to get going.

I can't make anymore compost. These guys need to burn.

Don't waste them by burning. Spread them on the soil surface of beds
as a weed-suppressing mulch. Worms will incorporate them into the soil,
improving the humus level.

Janet