Old 27-01-2006, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default How to tell where you garden is facing? (South/North etc)

On 27/1/06 15:16, in article
, "htmark98"
wrote:

Thanks for the help guys, sorry just havent got around to getting a
compass yet.

The garden soil is very good, we took 40 tons of rubbish out last year
and chopped doen 20 layleanda(sp?) aswell. I imported 15 tons of top
soil and build a deck and layed new turf so all thats waiting this year
is plants and a water feature and away we go.

The suns comes up over the deck in the morning and we have sun in the
garden untill 9/10pm in the summer so really do get it most of the day/

Decide on the sort of water feature you want and whether you need a safety
grille for children and put that in first. Otherwise, you or those helping
you might be trampling on new, young plants trying to get a grip on the
soil! It sounds as if you've got a wonderfully sunny garden and should be
able to grow a great variety of things. Whereabouts are you?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk