Old 20-02-2006, 09:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
Jonno wrote:

Cant stand "latin" plant name
droppers though. Gardening is supposed to be fun. Not an exercise in
mental ability.

There are reasons for using the scientific names, though: there are three or
so different plants called Black-Eyed Susan and at least two called
Snow-in-Summer. Some plants have more than one common name -- Traveller's
Joy and Old Man's Bard are the same plant, but if I know one common name and
you know the other, we won't be able to help each other. Then there are quite
a number of Australian Natives that don't have common names at all.

Yes I know but there is no need unless you have a need of this.
i just grow 'em eat 'em and plant 'em I dont studu 'em till I need to.
Its OK for Jospeh Banks who was a millionare scientist..