Old 14-04-2006, 04:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Squanklin

Default Does Fertilizer Go Bad?

I'm about to move to another city, and I have several bags of
fertilizer that are about 2 years old. They've been kept in an outdoor
but covered environment, so while there has been no direct water
contact, they have been exposed to central NC humidity (resulting in
some "clods" within the bags).

I'm wondering if the chemicals have expired, meaning I shouldn't even
bother moving them to my new house, or if they are ok to take so I
don't have to buy new fertilizer for the new lawn.

Thanks for your help!
Frank